Welcome to PillPack! We’re proud to be your partner in health and look forward to providing your pharmacy needs. This guide provides essential information about the details of your service in the following areas:
- Setting up your account
- Financial obligations
- Requesting a refill or transfer
- Contacting a pharmacist
- Reporting an error or filing a complaint
- Patient rights and responsibilities
- PillPack Patient Management Program (PMP)
- Get in touch 24/7
If you have any questions, you can contact us anytime, 24/7.
Setting up your account
Setting up your account
After you sign up for PillPack, it can take about two (2) weeks for us to completely set up your PillPack account and deliver your first shipment. This setup process includes:
- Submitting test claims to verify PillPack is compatible with your insurance
- Transferring your existing prescriptions from your old pharmacy to PillPack
- Calling your prescriber for any prescriptions without refills
- Aligning your prescriptions so we can refill them at the same time every month
Please note: If you are low on any medications when you sign up, please pick up one last local supply before we transfer your prescriptions.
Sign into your account at at my.pillpack.com or through the PillPack iPhone app to track your active shipments, view your billing statements, check the status of your shipments, get refill notifications, and set medication reminders.
PillPack customers receive regular email notifications about their medication shipment status and helpful service updates. You can update your email address and other information at my.pillpack.com or through the PillPack iPhone app at any time.
If you don’t have access to email or prefer to receive communications by phone, let us know. We can also send you text messages for certain alerts. Standard messaging rates will apply.
Authorizing someone to speak on your behalf
If you have a family member or caregiver making health decisions on your behalf, you can may authorize someone to manage your account for you. Please note: We will require your prior approval for this authorization. Contact us at email@example.com or 855–745–5725 for more information.
You can also set up Caregiver accounts for anyone who needs access to your account. For more information, visit our Caregivers FAQ page.
In the event of a natural disaster or other emergency, PillPack will attempt to move up shipments in advance or transfer to a local pharmacy to ensure you are not missing any doses. If delays will cause missed doses, please call 855–745–5725 right away and we will coordinate with your prescriber to find a solution.
- PillPack does not accept requests for, or dispense, federal or state-specific Schedule II medications
- Packets are not child-safe and should be kept out of the reach of children at all times
- Some medications cannot be sorted into packets due to their their packaging (like birth control) or physical properties (like gummy vitamins)
We serve a diverse population of customers and our team members have experience with various cultural aspects of care. Services are provided without discrimination based upon race, cultural background, age, nationality, gender, or insurance coverage, while protecting confidentiality as mandated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
For additional information about account setup, please visit our Getting Started FAQ page.
You are responsible for the copays set by your insurance company, and the cost for any over-the-counter (OTC) products you choose to receive. copays are determined by your insurance plan, and may vary from pharmacy to pharmacy. If PillPack is not currently in your insurer’s network or is not a preferred pharmacy for your plan, you can still utilize PillPack services and request the cost of your medications to be provided in writing.
PillPack securely stores your payment information for automatic billing. No charges are made without notifying you first, and an email is sent before every shipment, listing all included items. You can also track your upcoming shipments at my.pillpack.com or through the PillPack iPhone app. It is your responsibility to ensure that your copays are paid. If prefer a fixed payment date or you cannot make a payment, call us at 855–745–5725 and a PillPack Billing representative will work with you to set up a payment plan.
Please note: PillPack may hold shipments if payments are missed, up to and including termination of services.
Our customers are notified by their preferred method of communication if a payment is missed, and a notice of termination is sent with the last shipment. Customers are encouraged to promptly notify PillPack if there are changes to your insurance coverage in order to avoid any delays in shipments. You can make changes directly at my.pillpack.com, through the PillPack iPhone app, or you can call us at 855–745–5725.
If you no longer wish to utilize PillPack as a pharmacy, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855–745–5725 to cancel your account. You are still obligated to pay for your last shipment if it has left the PillPack facility before your request to cancel was submitted.
For additional questions about what you’ll pay, check out our Billing & Insurance FAQ page.
Requesting a refill or transfer
As a PillPack customer, we will automatically refill your prescriptions for you. This means your medication will arrive every month unless you ask us to pause your medications. If you do not wish to have your medications automatically refill, just let us know. You can pause any medications at my.pillpack.com, through the PillPack iPhone app, or by contacting our pharmacy team at 855–745–5725. Any changes made less than thirteen (13) days before your next shipment is due to arrive will be factored into the following shipment.
PillPack will work on your behalf to contact your prescriber to secure prescription refills. We will contact you if we are unable to secure refills for your scheduled medications at least 7 days prior to the date the shipment is scheduled to leave the pharmacy.
You can check the status of your shipment at my.pillpack.com, through the PillPack iPhone app or by contacting us. For non-urgent medication requests or requests to transfer prescriptions to or from another pharmacy, please email us at email@example.com. For urgent requests, please call us at 855–745–5725. Our normal pharmacy hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 AM–10:00 PM ET, Saturday and Sunday 10:00 AM–5:00 PM ET. After normal business hours, a voicemail service is available for customers. Leave a message and we’ll return your call within 30 minutes.
We will contact you by email and/or telephone in the event your shipment may be delayed. If we are unable to fulfill your request, we can transfer the prescription to a local pharmacy to ensure you are not missing any doses.
Generic substitution policy
It is the policy of PillPack to dispense a therapeutically equivalent generic medication if neither customer or prescriber has a preference and state laws permit such substitution. PillPack will not substitute for a generic drug if the prescriber writes a prescription as “Brand Medically Necessary.” Customers who wish to receive a brand name medication must submit a request for each medication to firstname.lastname@example.org or 855–745–5725 and will also be responsible for any difference in copay costs.
Contacting a pharmacist
To report suspected medication errors, adverse drug reactions, urgent complaints, or other questions for a pharmacist, please call us immediately at 855–745–5725. Our clinical pharmacists will coordinate with your prescriber to resolve any issues.
Reporting an error or filing a complaint
Reporting a complaint
If for any reason you are unsatisfied with our service or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact us via email@example.com or 855–745–5725. All complaints will be addressed as quickly as possible. If your complaint is not resolved to your full satisfaction within five (5) working days, you may initiate a formal grievance in writing, and it will be escalated to a supervisor.You can expect a written response within fourteen (14) working days or receipt.
Reporting quality issues
At PillPack, we strive to deliver the highest quality of care at all times. If you notice any quality related issues regarding an order you have received, please contact us immediately. We may be able to send you a replacement at no charge. Every report is taken seriously by our Quality Assurance (QA) Department and Senior Leadership team. For additional information about our QA process, check out our Quality Control FAQ page.
Adverse reactions to drugs
An adverse drug reaction is defined as any unpredictable, unintended, undesirable, or unexpected response to a medication. Examples include:
- Headache, tremors, dizziness, muscle spasms, confusion
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Skin rash, flushing, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath
For any quality-related events or any moderate to severe drug reactions, please contact us by telephone and ask for a pharmacist. Our pharmacists will conduct an assessment, and create the best action plan to resolve any issues, including contacting your prescriber for potential dose changes.
If drug reactions become worse or you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
PillPack complies with all state and federal rules when notified of a recall. Drug recalls are classified as Class I, Class II and Class III recalls, depending on the severity of the issue. In case of a recall, we will review our inventory and records of disposition of the item. If we determine you may have received a recalled prescription, we will notify you and your prescriber. If necessary, we will replace the impacted products with no additional cost to you. If the recalled medication was consumed and caused any medical problems, we will contact your prescriber, the drug manufacturer, and other appropriate entities.
For tips on how to dispose of your medications, visit our Medication Management FAQ page.
We believe that all customers receiving services from PillPack should be informed of their rights. Therefore, you are entitled to:
- Choose a health care provider
- Be treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of customer dignity and individuality
- Receive appropriate service/care without discrimination
- Voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care, lack of respect of property or recommend changes in policy, staff, or service/care without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal
- The right to identify the staff member of the program and their job title, and to speak with a supervisor of the staff member if requested
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of your care while utilizing PillPack services
- Be informed in advance of service/care being provided, of the charges, including payment for service/care expected from third parties and any charges for which the customer will be responsible
- Informed consent and the right to decline participation, revoke consent or disenroll from PillPack services at any point in time
- The right to receive administrative information regarding changes in, or termination from PillPack services
- The right to have personal health information shared with PillPack only in accordance with state and federal law
As a PillPack customer, you assume certain responsibilities in order to receive the highest quality of care. By signing up with us, you are responsible to:
- Notify your treating provider of your use of PillPack as your primary pharmacy when applicable
- Submit any forms necessary to participate to the extent required by law, and give accurate clinical and contact information and to notify PillPack of changes, including recent hospitalization, change in customer insurance, address, telephone number, or primary care physician
- Request that payment of authorized Medicare, Medicaid, or other private insurance benefits are paid directly to PillPack for any services furnished by PillPack
- Accept all financial responsibility for products furnished by PillPack
- Understand that PillPack retains the right to refuse delivery of service to any customer at any time
- Agree that any legal fees resulting from a disagreement between the parties shall be borne by the unsuccessful party in any legal action taken
- Agree that if you, the customer, are unable to make medical or other decisions, your family should be consulted for direction
PillPack Patient Management Program (PMP)
Customers utilizing specialty medications are eligible for PillPack’s Patient Management Program (PMP) services. Participation in the PMP include benefits such as: periodic consultations from a clinician to review medication profile and progress; continuous monitoring for side effects and adherence; medication reconciliation during any transitions of care. Benefits are limited to customer engagement and participation, and the willingness of providers to share health information with PillPack. Customers participating in the PMP have the right to:
- Know about the philosophy and characteristics of, and receive information about, the PMP
- Have personal health information (PHI) shared only in accordance with state and federal law
- Identify program staff members’ job titles, and to speak with a staff member’s supervisor or other health professional if requested
- Be connected with consumer advocacy support includes support groups, copay assistance programs, other financial or “help” groups
- Receive administrative information regarding changes in, or termination of, the PMP
- Decline participation, revoke consent, or dis-enroll at any time from PMP services by contacting PillPack at 855–745–5725
Customers also have a responsibility to:
- Submit any forms that are necessary to participate and required by law
- Give accurate clinical and contact information, including changes, to PillPack staff
- Notify their Prescribers of their participation in PillPack’s PM
Get in touch 24/7
Call us at 855–745–5725
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM–10:00 PM ET
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 AM–5:00 PM ET
After normal business hours, a voicemail service is available for customers. Leave a message and we’ll return your call within 30 minutes.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep us in your address book. Our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
Sign into your account at my.pillpack.com
View and edit your medication and billing info on any device.
Chat with us from your iPhone
Download the PillPack iPhone app to view your medication details, add prescriptions, or chat with a pharmacist.
Visit a pharmacy
250 Commercial Street, Suite 2012
Manchester, NH 03101
8725 NW, 13th Terrace
Miami, FL 33172
220 Industrial Blvd
Austin, TX 78745
34 35th Street, Suite 4BSW
Brooklyn, NY 11232
120 Beacon Street, 4th Floor
Somerville, MA 02143
Form Revised: 02/22/2018