WHAT WILL YOU FOCUS ON EVERY DAY?
- Evaluate physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration
- Make recommendations for therapy changes to the physician as appropriate.
- Maintain patient database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over the counter and home remedies)
- Collaborate with the team to provide clinical and technical support as needed
- Document all communication with physicians, nurses, and other members of the healthcare team/patients/family members
- Implement policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution, and use of drugs, as well as disposal of drugs
- Obtain as necessary and maintain all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies
- Actively participate in Performance Improvement activities
- Performs other tasks assigned
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Active and unrestricted Arizona Pharmacist license
- 1+ years experience in retail or LTC pharmacy setting
- Superb clinical judgement skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws and federal and state regulations concerning patient care
- Passionate about team work and collaboration across many avenues
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records
We love our employees
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that is on a mission to reinvent pharmacy and improve peoples’ lives. Benefits of being a full-time employee at PillPack include, but are not limited to:
Full medical, dental, vision package and 401(k) plan
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at PillPack are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.