Pharmacy Technician Trainee
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON EVERY DAY?
- Assist the pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the state board of pharmacy
- Enter patient and order information into the pharmacy system
- Provide quality customer service to co workers
- Collection, organization, and evaluation of patient information
- Receive prescriptions sent electronically from the doctor’s office
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Process new and refill prescriptions
- Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law
- Communicate with patients by telephone and takes refill requests from patients. Transfers calls from providers to the pharmacist when necessary
- Performs other tasks assigned
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Active Arizona Pharmacy Technician Trainee License
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to operate personal computers and/or computer terminals
- Skilled in performing detailed work
- Ability to recognize and identify patient medications
- Proficiency in English (verbal & written)
We love our employees
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that is on a mission to reinvent pharmacy and improve peoples’ lives. Benefits of being a full-time employee at PillPack include, but are not limited to:
Full medical, dental, vision package and 401(k) plan
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at PillPack are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.