Pharmacist In Charge
- Stay informed of local, state, and federal laws related to pharmacy practices, including changes or developments and their impact on PillPack and its customers.
- Coordinate with the corporate legal team to maintain licensure of the pharmacy and its staff with various state pharmacy boards. Continuously monitor licensure requirements.
- Align policies and initiatives with requirements and demands of accrediting/licensing bodies (BOP, VIPPS, URAC).
- Serve as a liaison between PillPack and the Board of Pharmacy and attend the Pharmacy Board Meetings.
- Monitor transactions within the pharmacy to maintain control of pharmaceutical materials and guarantee adherence thereof with applicable state and federal laws.
- Educate pharmacy staff on policies, reporting guidelines, and expectations as they relate to best quality practices.
- Provide insight into new and ongoing projects and efforts.
- Drive quality efforts throughout the facility and manage all Quality Assurance Meetings.
- Partner with operations management to review processes regularly to ensure optimal efficiency and embrace continuous quality improvement.
- Maintain and report all records for the dispensing of controlled substances to each state when required.
- Review escalated issues for resolution. Interface with clients and team members as needed to resolve.
- Doctorate or Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Active/Good Standing Pharmacist License in Domicile State
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations surrounding pharmacy practices and patient safety
- Willingness to working varying schedules
- Three or more years Pharmacist in Charge experience preferred
We love our employees
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that is on a mission to reinvent pharmacy and improve peoples’ lives. Benefits of being a full-time employee at PillPack include, but are not limited to:
Full medical, dental, vision package and 401(k) plan
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at PillPack are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.