Pharmacy Automation Engineer
What will be my responsibilities in this role?
- Design, build, improve, and innovate on pharmacy fulfillment centers throughout the large-scale supply chain network
- Manage, design, and implement integrated automation projects with system elements such as automated dispensing, high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines and/or robotic work cells
- Manage on-site vendors through their leads and escalate issues through vendor and Amazon leadership
- Identify, explore, evaluate, justify and realize solutions that add value by improving output / throughput rates / capacity / system utilization, and removing waste
- Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
- Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Build strong working relationships with FC leadership and their operations teams across multiple sites as well as their Launch, Facilities, Finance, Safety, and Process Engineers business stakeholders
- General knowledge of FC operations with understanding of day to day workings and strategic FC / Network planning
- Develop cross-functional knowledge of pharmacy operations systems, processes, procedures, and tools
What skills and experience will I need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation
- Demonstrated design, project management, souring, and/or implementation of large-scale integrated automation solutions, such as pharmacy automation systems, complex material handling systems, high speed packaging lines, and/or manufacturing lines
- Proven comprehension of electro mechanical designs and integrated machine controls, ideally with pharmacy automation and MHE system design experience
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence, negotiate, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Highly proficient CAD skills; capable of independently developing an integrated automation layout
- Experience in developing and managing contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up recommendations and develop business cases
- Basic understanding of pharmacy regulatory requirements
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time to installation sites throughout North America.
We love our employees
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that is on a mission to reinvent pharmacy and improve peoples’ lives. Benefits of being a full-time employee at PillPack include, but are not limited to:
Full medical, dental, vision package and 401(k) plan
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at PillPack are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.