PillPack is rapidly growing and so is the Purchasing team in Manchester, NH. Operating with the
technical guidance and reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Purchasing Assistant III will be an
integral part of the PillPack growth. They will be working as the day to day purchaser for the pharmacies
needs, placing multiple orders per day for one of our locations and one Sunday evening order. They will
assist in forecasting of direct and indirect contracts with manufacturers, inventory and cost tracking.
This role is complex, requiring a high level of knowledge of the industry and how our purchasing
decisions impact each of our vendor contracts and staying compliant with our primary wholesaler while
still optimizing cost savings across the business. This individual will have strong organizational skills and
ability to work within a group setting as well as independently and prioritize ongoing activities.
Experience as a pharmacy purchaser and knowledge in supply chain management activities including
ordering, electronically receiving shipments, and processing invoices is a must.
The successful candidate will be customer oriented, with their primary focus of making sure the
pharmacy has just in time inventory in order to get prescriptions filled on schedule. They identify cost
savings strategies through the departments current purchasing channels and ones not yet identified by
the business. Works directly with other internal departments and pharmacy locations across multiple
time zones to correctly assess and fulfill the medications needed. Strong interpersonal skills will be
needed as this person will be working directly with vendors and sales representatives maintaining
relationships. Works closely with related departments in assuring timely and effective utilization of
pharmaceuticals and pharmacy supplies. This role manages a high degree of complexity to deliver the
right customer product at the right time that has a huge impact on customer satisfaction. They must
translate business needs into workable solutions and navigate frequent changes of NDC’s due to supply
issues from the manufacturers or wholesalers changing their primary manufacturer to carry. A strong
sense of urgency is needed to ensure orders, projections of manufacturer changes are communicated
across multiple departments ahead of time and everyone knows what the strategic plan is.
- Create, fulfill and submit pharmaceutical orders
- Managing inventory levels to ensure proper amounts are on hand, ensuring limited overstocks across
- all facilities
- Checking out of stocks, manufacturer supply issues and primary drug switches
- Monitoring canister meds and keeping the pharmacies fastest moving drugs are properly slotted
- Ensuring that the pharmacies product formulary is being followed
- Responsible for analyzing data from relevant sources for evaluation and analysis
- Recommend cost savings initiatives, alternate sourcing, etc.
- Helping manage new robotics in the pharmacy, be go between for purchasing and distribution
- Be purchasing department resource for new and existing projects tied to procurement
- Experience as a Pharmacy purchaser and knowledge in supply chain management
- Active NH pharmacy technician license or willingness to get license required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Healthcare experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree is beneficial, but not required
- Robust Excel knowledge and ability to create documents independently