Senior Program Manager - Pharmacy Fulfillment Engineering
What will my responsibilities and focus be in this role?
- Form cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders
- Manage large, complex initiatives, deal with ambiguity and advocate on behalf of the customer
- Promote innovation for step-change improvement in safety, quality, and cost metrics
- Benchmark PillPack’s Pharmacy fulfillment practices both internally and externally against best-in-class operations
- Provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, SolidWorks and MS Projects
- Develop fulfillment strategies for new business initiatives with complex operational components Leading internal product feature launches that optimize PillPack’s fulfillment systems and reduce fulfillment costs
- Partner with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
- Capacity Management (throughput, storage, etc.) Planning and Design including: Validate operating rates of certain equipment, modes of storage or manual processes, create future plan, facilitate planning sessions, take forecast, synthesize it, create strategy plan for future loads/Sr. leadership, comprehensive knowledge of bottlenecks in network
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
What will make me successful in this role?
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and communicate with senior leadership
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
What qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or 4+ years Amazon experience
- 5+ years’ experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, design, project management, sourcing/supplier development/vendor management/strategic sourcing especially for custom-engineered integrated system solutions (vs. commodity parts, services, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables
- Experience leading, implementing and improving facility layout and design; working knowledge of design tools, such as AutoCAD
- Experience managing the implementation of large engineering projects and initiatives; experience collaborating with various groups (procurement, finance, HR, etc.) to complete projects on time and within budget
- Experience working with project management tools/software
- Ability and desire to travel 75% of the time (domestically)
- Experience in developing and managing contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven comprehension of electro mechanical designs and integrated machine controls, ideally with MHE system design experience
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up recommendations and develop business cases
Preferred qualifications for this role:
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or related discipline and work experience in technical field is highly desired
- 8+ years of experience in supplier development / vendor management / strategic sourcing especially for custom-engineered integrated system solutions (vs. commodity parts, services, etc.)
- Lean/Six Sigma black belt certification or equivalent
- Preferred design, project management, sourcing and/or contract manufacturing of multiple complex integrated automation (Material Handling Equipment / Emerging Technologies) experience; general guideline is $10-100M automation budgets
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
We love our employees
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that is on a mission to reinvent pharmacy and improve peoples’ lives. Benefits of being a full-time employee at PillPack include, but are not limited to:
Full medical, dental, vision package and 401(k) plan
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at PillPack are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.